美國知名口筆譯學府Monterey Institute of International Studies(MIIS)蒙特雷國際學院拍攝的影片〈口譯員的一天〉
官網還有成為口筆譯學生的十項準備方法
今天先翻譯五項
1. 廣泛閱讀,特別要以外語閱讀
1. Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).
至少持續一年,每天閱讀紐時或華爾街日報等高水準新聞文章。
Read high quality newspapers (e.g. the New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.
完整閱讀經濟學人等新聞雜誌。
Read high quality news magazines (e.g. the Economist), cover to cover.
以外語閱讀自己熱愛的主題。
Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).
閱讀好文章好素材,累積通識。
Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.
2. 以各工作語言收看電視新聞、收聽廣播與podcast,獲取時事新知
2. Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all working languages.
別光顧著聽,還要分析新聞內容。
Don't just listen to news stories; analyze them.
掌握新聞及議題脈動。
Keep abreast of current events and issues.
錄下新聞節目及訪談,以便重複收聽。
Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.
3. (依序)加強經濟、歷史、法律、國際政治以及科學概念和原理的通識
3. Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).
修習大學程度的相關課程,複習高中課本等。
Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.
增進特定領域之是(技術領域為佳,例如電腦)。
Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).
4. 搬到外語環境生活
4. Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.
建議居住至少六個月到一年。
A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.
頻繁接觸外語母語人士。
Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.
以外語修習總體經濟學和政治學等知識課程(別只上語言課)。
Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).
使用外語工作,且工作應高度要求外語水準。
Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.
5. 鍛鍊寫作及研究技巧
5. Fine-tune your writing and research skills.
修習高難度寫作課程(不只是創意寫作,而是新聞或技術性寫作等課程),熟習運用新聞、聯合國詞彙及法律等專業用語。
Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak” journalese, UNese, legalese, etc.
手抄外語課本及期刊文章。
Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).
筆記記錄陌生或惱人的文法重點,一一征服。
Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.
練習校對。
Practice proofreading.